Thursday, December 29, 2011

My DVR will be warm this winter...because it will always be recording...

So the list went out a while ago in calendar form which I'll attach below but the list I'm working off of now is better.  I'm only going to pick and choose what I talk about because a lot of these are reality things that I doubt any of you have interest in.  Some of these dates are included on the chance one of you watches them.  Inclusion on this list does not necessarily mean I watch...I just want to put that out there.  I'll start out with any new shows and then list the returning shows just so you know when your DVR should be picking them back up. 


January 2:
How I Met Your Mother
2 Broke Girls
Hawaii Five-O
The Bachelor
The Lying Game
Pretty Little Liars

January 3:
Work It - This show has been generating a lot of drama because apparently it's hurting the transgender community.  Have you ever heard of Bosom Buddies?  It's a freaking sitcom people...come on.  I'll probably watch the pilot out of curiosity but it'd have to pull off something pretty special for me to keep watching past that.
The Biggest Loser - I watched this for the first time this past season and I have to say, I kind of enjoyed it.  There are certainly worse reality shows out there than one that tries to get people healthy.
Parenthood
NCIS/NCIS: LA

January 4:
Modern Family
Happy Endings
Revenge

January 5:
Vampire Diaries
Winter Wipeout - As said before, Jill will be missed but if the obstacles from the little preview a couple weeks ago are any indication, the show is not slacking off when it comes to creative ways to make people fly through the air.
Grey's Anatomy

January 6:
Supernatural

January 8:
The Firm - I vaguely remember the Tom Cruise movie but the buzz around this show has been generally good.  Josh Lucas is a solid actor so we'll see what they can do.  Plus, Tricia Helfer will be joining the cast.  More Six is always better.
House of Lies - Kristen Bell, Don Cheadle, Jean Ralphio from Parks and Rec.  Do I need to go on?  I watched the first 5 minutes of the pilot on Youtube and it's certainly interesting.  I look forward to seeing the rest of it.
Once Upon a Time
The Good Wife
Family Guy
Pan Am (for now...)(sorry Brian)

January 9:
Castle

January 11:
Are You There Chelsea? - I like Laura Prepon and I have occasionally found Chelsea Handler to be funny so I'll probably try it out.  I'd be surprised if I made it through a whole episode.
Whitney - I think I'm done with Whitney.  I've decided.

January 12:
Rob - No Rob Schneider...NO...go back and make The Hot Chick part 2, I'd watch that.  Cheech, go make Tin Cup 2...I'd watch that.
The Finder - I watched the backdoor pilot for this show on Bones last year and I have to say that while it was mildly entertaining, it was nowhere near enough for me to add to my already bloated DVR schedule.  Your mileage may vary.
Bones - I'm still a couple of episodes behind but I have to say that despite the criminally accelerated relationship, the show has maintained its sense of humor and the baby stuff with Brennan has been very amusing.
Big Bang Theory
Parks and Rec
30 Rock - I finished listening to Tina Fey's book on the drive down to Houston and I'm not extremely pumped for a new season of 30 Rock.  I would also HIGHLY recommend the audiobook of BossyPants.
The Office
Up All Night
Person of Interest
The Mentalist

January 13:
Fringe - WATCH IT!
Grimm

January 15:
Napoleon Dynamite - I remember watching the movie after everyone told me it was amazing and despite the final dance routine, I was left very underwhelmed.  This cartoon has all of the original cast voicing their characters.  If that floats your boat, go nuts, but I'm taking a solid pass on this one.

January 16:
Alcatraz - Okay, this is a JJ Abrams show.  While that would normally make this an instant watch, we all remember Undercovers...it was just last year.  The premise of this show, everyone on Alcatraz disappearing in the past and then starting to reappear one by one in the present, is interesting but I'm afraid there will be big mysteries that will string us along.  LOST has made me extremely gunshy when it comes to serialized shows.  Once Upon a Time is completely taking up my allotment of being strung along right now.  I'll give this two hour pilot a shot but I'm not hopeful for its long running presence on my DVR..
Lost Girl - New SyFy...nope I'm not doing it...New SciFi show that looked interesting if I'm remembering the right preview.  I'll already be on SciFi to watch Being Human so I might as well record another hour and see what's happening.
Being Human - One of the most pleasant surprises of 2011.  I had seen the first 3 episodes of the British version of the show and I rolled my eyes with everyone else when I heard they were making an US one, while the British one was still airing.  Then, they started casting actors I really like.  Sam Witwer (Starkiller, Doomsday, and Crashdown) and Sam Huntington (Jimmy Olsen, and many more) are great actors and their chemistry on the show is great and the girl that plays Sally started out a little rough but she quickly took her role and ran with it.  I'm a HUGE fan of this show and I can't wait for it to start up again.

Whew...well I need a little breather.  I'll be back later today or tomorrow with some more for you.  That should tide you over until now.  If you haven't seen a show here yet, be patient, then after I post my next list, if you still don't see it, let me know and I'll find it for you.  As always, comments are welcome.


Let see if this calendar works...


Zayne

1 comment:

  1. I definitely agree on Rob Schneider..TV. I'm not sure I even think he should be anywhere near films either.

    ReplyDelete