Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Leave by the door or by the floor...

I don't know if any of you have watched Who's Still Standing? but I watched the first episode on Monday night and I kind of like it.  I've come to hate most new "game shows" because of the hour, there's about 5 minutes of actual game content and the rest is fluff either hearing about the contestants or listening to them needlessly jabber on about why they're choosing the wrong answer.  The other option is it's filled with jabber, plus it has zero amount of skill involved in it.  Yes, I'm looking at you Deal or No Deal.

For instance, Minute to Win It.  Perhaps I should have guessed about how much actual game time would be in the show based on the name but I watched the first episode out of curiosity anyway.  I then proceeded to watch it in about 10 minutes because I had to fast forward through 6-7 minutes of BS between each 1 minute game.  I have way too much TV to watch to put up with that crap.

That is one of the many reasons I love Wipeout.  Unfortunately, one of the reasons left the show.  We'll miss you Jill!  No fuss, no muss, just maybe a 30 second interview and then onto the pain. 

So long story short, (too late) Who's Still Standing? was fun to watch.  It was super fast paced trivia without a lot of BS and I kind of hope it lasts because it'd be fun to watch every now and then if I was in the mood for a game show.  The gimmick is simple but effective and in the first episode, I got to hear a relatively large man scream like a little girl as he fell down the hole.  What more could you ask for?

2 comments:

  1. So, winter wipeout is now: (a) absolutely still worth the time, (b) moderately worth the time but somewhat less entertaining, or (c) without Jill... eh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely still worth it but now it's pretty much only for the obstacles. The nutcracker was fantastic. Neglige's (Nick Lachey) wife had a couple of funny moments but she's no Jill.

    ReplyDelete