Friday, October 4, 2013

Four Horsemen, Secret Agents, Kelly Clarkson, and Peter Pan

Greetings Zayniacs!  Sorry for the long delay.  It's been hectic to say the least.  So, what do all the things up there have in common?  No, they're not shots.  Or sex positions.  (Anyone else's mind just wander to what a sex position named The Kelly Clarkson would look like?)  These are actually some of the highlights of the new fall season of TV.  As some of you are aware, there was a metric ton of television and I can't get into all of them in this post, but I'm going to try to make a decent dent. 

I'm going to go in relative premiere order so hopefully if you DVRed something and are on the fence about watching it, I can swing you one way or the other.

Bones:  I stayed faithful to my deleting of this series recording.  Not even the promise of closing out the plot arc that has been dragging on for 2 year was enough to woo me back.  I do not miss you Bones. 

Sleepy Hollow:  What a surprise this turned out to be.  I thought the premise looked intriguing.  It had a very Supernatural (the show) feel to it along with some time travel/fish out of water hijinx.  However, I was still a little shocked by how much fun I had watching this show.  The two leads have the strongest chemistry I think I've ever seen this early in a show.  Everyone in the show acts in a relatively believable manner considering the craziness going on around them.  I think the plot arc, while dense, is pretty interesting and they seem to be willing to move things along at a pleasing pace. 

There have been 3 episodes so far and each one has had a good blend of funny moments between the two leads, monster of the week creepiness, and plot arc progression.  Also, considering this show officially became the first pick up with a season 2 ordered yesterday, I'll be spending quite a bit of time in Sleepy Hollow and I'm so fine with that.

Dads: Sweet Baby Jesus, this was an awful show.  I watched the first 5 minutes and it was exactly as awful as I expected and deleted it.   Cannot get cancelled fast enough.

Brooklyn 99:  I watched this more out of curiosity because the trailers didn't look great but it was consistently on top of most critics' top new comedy lists.  I was pretty entertained by the pilot and the second episode wasn't bad either.  I haven't watched this week's yet but it's solid weekend catchup fare. 

The cast is solid and they have pretty good chemistry for so early on.  It's just enough of Andy Samberg to not get tired of him.

So, this was going to be longer but something came up so we'll pick this back up later but I wanted to get something out to you all.

Until next time, Happy TV Watching!



No comments:

Post a Comment