Monday, July 1, 2013

Fall 2013 Preview - Wednesdays

Let's be honest, this stopped being an Upfronts thing a couple weeks ago.  I'm just going to stop making promises about when I'll get another post out because I'm clearly terrible and keeping them.  Let's move on to Wednesday shall we?

Ironside: A cop show with Blair Underwood playing a detective who's been paralyzed from the waist down.  He's got a hand picked team of agents and solves crimes. Now, this show looks to be a fairly standard procedural but the cast is what makes this interesting to me.  Blair Underwood is awesome but the show also stars Spencer Grammar (Greek, Kelsey Grammar's daughter) and Pablo Schreiber (The Wire) who I really like.  I'll give it a couple episodes to grab me but I'm afraid I won't last long on this one just because procedurals don't usually keep my interest for long with out an overarching plot or really great characters. 

Ironside

Back in the Game: Basically a weekly series of Bad News Bears with Juliet from Psych and James Caan.  I'd be lying if I said it didn't look a little funny.  Plus, I love Maggie Lawson (Juliet from Psych).  There's really not a whole lot else to say about it.

Back in the Game

Super Fun Night: I have no idea how you make this a weekly series but it's Rebel Wilson (Bridesmaids, Pitch Perfect) and Liza Lapira (Dollhouse, Don't Trust the Bitch in Apt. 23) so I'll give it a shot.  The trailer is just okay, until the 1:00 mark.  Then there is a clearly a slow motion dance montage and I find those hilarious. 

Super Fun Night

The Tomorrow People:  Yes, this is on the CW but it's a show about super-powered humans so I'm going to be on board with it, at least initially.  It stars Robbie Amell, brother of Stephen Amell who some of you may know as the star of Arrow.  Robbie has had such acclaimed roles as Scooby on HIMYM and the idiot boyfriend on 1600 Penn.  I'll be giving it a try.  It seems they're already organized and working as a team which is one of the things that made Alphas great. 

The Tomorrow People

And that's it for Wednesday shows.  Next time, we'll be tackling Thursdays which are going to be a nightmare for me, but also contains one of my most anticipated shows of the new season.  See you next time. 

Happy TV Watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment