Tuesday, May 28, 2013

2013 Upfronts: Sunday/Monday

Greetings Zayniacs!  Sorry this particular series has taken longer to get to you than I originally planned.  However, I'm going to try to do it all this week.  We're going to structure this by day of the week.  I'll be giving quick synopses of the new shows, sometimes my comments will be attached and I'll be giving youtube links regardless.

Sunday
Betrayal: This show looks part Unfaithful (the awful movie with Diane Lane) and part something else I really don't care about.  I also don't know how a plot like this gets dragged out over a whole season but I don't particularly care to find out.  There's is nothing in this trailer that looks interesting to me but hey, if it does to you, more power to you.

Betrayal

Monday
The Blacklist: James Spader plays the world's most wanted criminal that turns himself into the FBI and then proceeds to work with them to bring down other criminals on the most wanted list but clearly with an ulterior motive.  I'm usually not a big James Spader fan but this show looks relatively good.  Despite the very Silence of the Lambs overtimes, there's potential for a relatively fun weekly formula with an interesting arc.   I'll be giving this one a shot in the fall to see where it goes.

The Blacklist

Almost Human: In the future where human police officers are paired with an android, one cop with no love lost for synthetic beings gets pair with an android that's more human than we'd like to think.  From J.J. Abrams and a large portion of the team that brought us Fringe, nothing about this show looks bad to me.  It's like I, Robot meets the buddy cop genre.  I love Karl Urban and I'm slowly becoming a fan of Michael Ealy.  This is in my top 3 most anticipated shows of the fall.

Almost Human

Sleepy Hollow: Ichabod Crane dies during the Revolutionary War after killing the Headless Horseman and wakes up in present day to discover that people are being beheaded all over town and that the things he's dealing with our bigger than he could possibly imagine.  I heard modern day Sleepy Hollow and I rolled my eyes and groaned.  Then I saw this trailer and I have to admit that I am very intrigued.  Looks like National Treasure meets Supernatural and I am very okay with that combination.  I don't know if this cracks my top 3 for most anticipated but it's certainly up there.

Sleepy Hollow

We Are Men: Four guys live in the same apartment complex and help each other navigate their different love lives.  Nothing looks terribly exciting here.  I'll be passing on it.

We Are Men

Mom: 3 generations of women living in the same house and supposed hilarity ensues.  This show looks like such a waste of Anna Faris, Nate Corddry and Allison Janey.  I'll watch the first couple episodes out of sheer morbid curiosity but I'm not optimistic. 

Mom

Hostages:  While this looks like an interesting premise with some really solids actors, I don't know how you stretch over an entire season, even a shortened one of 15 episodes.  A government employee's family is taken hostage and she has to help them kill the President.  I'll give it a shot and see how episodes 2 and 3 unfold.

Hostages

Intelligence: Josh Holloway (Sawyer from LOST) plays a man who gets a chip put in his head that lets him access, process, and control data while on cases.  This looks like a really fun show and I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out.  This will take Hostages' time slot once it finishes. It looks like Chuck meets Mission Impossible meets something else.  Or as Sawyer puts it in the preview, Secret Agent Disneyland for Men.

Intelligence

That's all for right now but I've got quite a few more great looking shows coming your way.  Next up will be Tuesday's line up which contains my most anticipated new show that I'm practically foaming at the mouth to see.  Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment